BEHOLD! Mod Pack version 3 for 1.7.10!
It's better, it's brighter! Much Awesome, such blocks! WOW!
That aside, the new pack has a bunch of things that have changed--again. We've dropped Gregtech (by popular demand) and replaced it with forced Tinker's Construct. We've also ramped up the difficulty of mobs a bit, and made hunger much more of "a thing" rather than something you occasionally choose to play with.
Please note that with the advent of the 3.0 pack, everyone must re-add the 3rd party pack using the new code on the right side--here on this site. Seriously...look over there ======>.
In addition to the new code, the Whitelist situation is going to need adjusting a bit until we get used to the new system. If you are not allowed to join the server, please post here: http://earf2.net/forum/m/8542319/viewthread/21241112-whitelist-thread/page/1
Finally, I'd like to point out that there are a fair amount of updates that are still pending. Please ignore the messages for now...I know of them. We will be pushing out a new update within the next few days to get that fixed, but we wanted to insure that launch took place just fine. However, there is one thing that must be done before you can finally play: Install Mo Creatures, which is used now and can't be packaged with the mod.
To install Mo Creatures:
Go to http://mocreatures.org/downloads and download both the 6.3.1 Mo Creatures file, and the CustomMob Spawner mod http://www.mediafire.com/download/6h6zyyy65m35fu1/CustomMobSpawner+3.3.0.zip.
Go into your FTB install directory and open the folder called "EarfTwo", then "minecraft", and finally "mods". Place both the ZIP files into this mods folder. Once this is installed, you're done and may relaunch the game.
Spine's Top Tips and Notes for Surviving:
1) Spawn is a haven from the riggors of the outside world. Its tall walls and wards keep out all the riff raff. If needed, you can use it as a staging area for night time before shoving off on your own.
2) FIND SHELTER! Night is a horrible, horrible thing...and darkness will eat your brain meats alive. This is no joke!
3) Find wood and gravel quick. That's the key to starting your tool building: Gravel and Wood equal tools to defend one's self from the countless, horrible mobs that will undoubtedly be vying for your warm, succulent meat traped within your pink blocky flesh.
4) There are 8 Stargates rumored to be scattered across the map. Though most of them lack power, finding a way to power them will allow anyone to claim their location--thus securing a strategic place back to spawn, as well as travel between other gates across the map.
5) There are rumors that an explorer has spent most of his life mapping the gate networks. His notes have been lost over the years, though...
6) When starting out....STAY AWAY FROM TAINT BIOMES! (those are the purple ones)